Checklist for creating vacation packages
- What time of year do you want to increase your hotel's occupancy?
- What services is your hotel particularly good at?
- Does your hotel have a clearly defined USP (unique selling proposition)?
- What makes you different from your competitors?
- Do you know why guests especially like booking with you?
Evaluation of potential
- What's special in your area? Please gather ideas that go well beyond the obvious attractions.
- Which other companies are offering services in your area for tourists?
- What annual events are there nearby?
- What attractions are there in your area that local people like to go to?
- Is there an interesting local companies with which you could cooperate (for example a chocolate factory, a pony farm, ...)?
- What do your competitors offer?
- Which target groups would you like to address? Families, people who like sports, seniors, adventurers, hikers, nature enthusiasts, art lovers, ....
- Do you want to focus on individuals or groups?
- Do you want to address Swiss tourists or people from all over the world? Are you targeting specific languages?
- Do these new target groups go together with your existing guests?
You can download this checklist as a PDF
Image: Vercasca valley